This Friday, May 6, 2022, the Portuguese Government reduced Covid-related restrictions again.
Rules that Remain for traveling:
All passengers are authorized to enter national territory, regardless of their origin or purpose of travel. Mandatory to present at border control:
– A valid vaccination EU Digital COVID Certificate (with a complete vaccination schedule or with a complete vaccination schedule and a vaccine booster)
– Or a valid test or recovery EU Digital COVID Certificate,
– Or a valid vaccination certificate (with a complete vaccination schedule or a vaccine booster) or recovery certificate issued by a third country, under reciprocal conditions
– Or a negative RT-PCR Test (or similar NAAT test) – 72h before boarding, or
– Or a negative Laboratorial Rapid Antigen Test- 24h before boarding
Accepted vaccination certificates issued by third countries under reciprocal conditions: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Benin, Cabo Verde, Colombia, El Salvador, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Israel, Iceland, Jordan, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Malasya, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Norway, Panama, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Togo, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and the Crown Dependencies (Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man), Uruguay, The Vatican.
GENERAL RULES IN MAINLAND PORTUGAL
Mandatory mask: in public transports, taxis and similar passenger transports; Access and visits to care and nursing homes and health facilities.
General behavior guidelines: Social distancing; Frequent hand washing; Respiratory etiquette.
Please review these two main sources of information for the latest COVID-rules in Portugal
Website of the Portuguese Tourism Office (click here)